I'd like to thank Hallie for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award!
The first rule of accepting this award is to thank the person who nominated you.
So... THANK YOU Hallie it is great to be thought about!!
The next rule is to share 7 things about yourself....
Here goes - 7 random things that you may or may not know...
1. I used to show dogs professionally growing up. I was number 9 in the nation for Jr. Showmanship with Bearded Collies. My parents were dog breeders and they showed champion dogs. (WE WERENT like the TV shows) None of the frilly crap.
2. Brian and I meet in college. He was a Jr and I was an incoming freshman. He was my orientation leader and scheduled me to be in an advance class. One of his to be exact. He made me cry on the way home from preview weekend in July and my mom said he liked me... I wasn’t so sure and HATED him. Fast forward to Sept we became friends in class, my boyfriend and I broke up and the rest was history. WE have been married 10 years this past July.
3. My dad is currently undergoing Chemo for bladder cancer. He went in the hospital July 18 for a bowl obstruction and came out 17 days later they found an obstruction, bladder cancer, a hole in his heart, and he had a stroke. He is one of the strongest men I know and I am PROUD to be his daughter. He has been a smoker his entire adult life and hasn’t picked up another since the hospital so that he doesn’t have another stroke. He wants to be able to take care of my mom. He has a tough exterior and he would deny it all day long but this man is amazing.
4. I don’t believe in the need to "be" a religion. I believe in a relationship with Christ and the need to know and accept him. I believe that what ever works for you in finding Christ and you following him is what is best. I was raised Catholic, I choose to be baptized Mormon when I was 18, Brian and I were married in the Episcopal church our children were baptized there and now we currently attend a Methodist service. I believe that like many things in life you have to find what works for you now. It is about the relationship, the teachings and path you take to get to our father, not about the location you choose to worship in.
5. I can’t go to a movie without buying Popcorn.
6. I love the beach, but don’t go often enough. I only live 20 mins away but after you drag all the stuff with the kids and the mess that you have to take it isn’t nearly as fun as it was in high school or college to steal away and watch the sunrise.
7. If I could only take 1 thing with me on a island and it couldn’t be a person, I would take my iPod. I am a music junkie. I love it all!! I really like when I leave one of your blogs up in the background so I can listen while I type. Now I am listening to Hallies Amazing Grace. We sang this in church and I didn’t know who did it SO THANK YOU so I can go find it now.
The final rule of accepting this award is to give it to 12 bloggers that you have recently discovered and think are fantastic!
I am not sure who has gotten this and who hasnt. Sorry if I repeat you!
1. Niki at Put your oxygen mask on first
2. Laura at Houston we have a problem
3. Donna at http://sugarkidsblog.blogspot.com/
4. Amanda at Extra sweet girl
5. Rena at Beta Buddies
6. Tracy at Our new adventure
7. Meri at Our Diabetic Life
8. Sarah at Sfinchams Blog
9. Misty at Box of Chocolates
10. Lee Ann at The Butter Compartment
11. Heidi at D-Tales
12. Brian at D Dad Speaks