Okay yall~ you don’t know me well yet, but you will I have confidence... I am not someone who HAS to have an order to things, you look in my closet and there are clothes everywhere, look in my bedroom and my husband has to ask is this basket clean or dirty, look in my Tupperware cabinet and you will be searching for matching pieces~ do you get my point? I don’t like clutter and an unorganized house that just seems to be what I have. Everything was okay pre Dx. I would "snap" as my husband called it every week and freak out throwing things away, donating and promising to sell it on Craig’s list. I would put a new "system" in place to help us make it easier... It would work for a day or 2 and then be back to normal life with 2 kids, 2 parents, dog, cat 2 jobs and life.
Fast Forward to 2/13/10 D day... I now MUST have order and need your help. I feel like I am running to stand still trying to catch up to the Diabetes.
1. What system do you have in place for making sure you have everything you need when walking out the door. What is in your packed bag for everyday trips to the store, to drop off brother to preschool. With a 13 month old I feel like I am packing the kitchen sink and I still find I am missing something...
2. Is there a bag you have fallen in love with that you would recommend to keep it all in?
3. What system have you put in place to communicate with your spouse and the dr about the carb intake and BS numbers and insulin consumed?? I have to fax a sheet in every week and I think I have missed the last 2 weeks because we can’t find where someone wrote it down and I don’t want to send in a 1/2 done sheet and they think I’m not giving him his meds. (Since he is so young we are on food first then cover and correct)
4. Do you stick to a strict time schedule or are you more flexible and roll with the punches?
5. What other tricks work for you to keep things rolling???
I am sure once I get this in place I will feel like I can kick D in the butt right?!?!?!?